The pediatrics clerkship survival guide written by students who aced the clerkship.
This powerful review for the pediatrics clerkship provides medical students taking required rotations with a single, concise, high-yield resource for excelling on the boards and wards. Hundreds of high-yield facts--written by students and based on the clerkship's core competencies--review everything students need to know for the clerkship. Margin notes highlight common exam and "pimp" questions to really help students shine. New to this edition, mini-cases are integrated throughout to give a clinical "face" to disease discussions. A section of "classifieds" include scholarship and award opportunities. A new color insert contains 4 pages of full color images to amplify the text.
- High-yield yet comprehensive review for the pediatrics clerkship based on the clerkship's core competencies
- Written by students who just completed the clerkship
- NEW: Integrated mini-cases add clinical relevance and prepare students for questions they will see on the shelf exam and the USMLE Step 2 CK
- Exam tips and wards tips in the margins help students shine
- Edited by a pediatrician and reviewed by top faculty to ensure relevance and accuracy
The content you need to excel on the pediatric clerkship:
Section I: How to Succeed in the Pediatrics Clerkship; Section II: High-Yield Facts, Gestation and Birth, Prematurity, Growth and Development, Nutrition, Health Supervision and Prevention of Injury and Illness in the Well Child, Congenital Malformations and Chromosomal, Anomalies, Metabolic Disease, Immunologic Disease, ID, GI Disease, Respiratory Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Renal, Gynecologic, and Urinary Disease, Hematologic Disease, Endocrine Disease, Neurologic Disease, ENT, Musculoskeletal Disease, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Section III: Awards and Opportunities, Color Image Section