A complete one-stop review of the clinically important aspects of histology and cell biology--user-friendly, concise, and packed with learning aids!
The ideal review for course exams and the USMLE!
This popular title in the LANGE series is specifically designed to help you make the most of your study time--whether you're studying histology and cell biology for the first time or reviewing for course exams or the USMLE. With this focused review you will be able to pinpoint your weak areas, and then improve your comprehension with learning aids especially designed to help you understand and retain even the most difficult material.
You will find complete easy-to-follow coverage of all the need-to-know material: fundamental concepts, the four basic tissues types, and organs and organ systems--presented in a consistent, time-saving design. At the conclusion of the book, you will find a Diagnostic Final Exam that has been updated with longer, case-related stems that mimic the USMLE Step 1 examination.
Each chapter is devoted to one specific topic and includes learning aids such as:
- Objectives that point out significant facts and concepts that you must know about each topic
- Max Yield™ study questions that direct you to key facts needed to master material most often covered on exams
- A synopsis presented in outline form that reviews all the basic histology and related cell biology covered on exams
- Multiple-choice questions written in a style most commonly used in medical school
NEW to this Edition:
- Thoroughly revised Q&A
- Completely updated text and practice questions to reflect current knowledge
- Information added to each chapter regarding relevant pathology/clinical issues; possibly as a separate colored box
Visit www.LangeTextbooks.com to access valuable resources and study aids.
Thorough coverage you won't find anywhere else!
FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS: Methods of Study, The Plasma Membrane & Cytoplasm, The Nucleus & Cell Cycle, THE FOUR BASIC TISSUE TYPES: Epithelial Tissue, Connective Tissue, Adipose Tissue, Cartilage, Bone, Integrative Multiple-Choice Questions: Connective Tissues Nerve Tissue, Muscle Tissue, Integrative Multiple-Choice Questions: Basic Tissue Types, ORGANS & ORGAN SYSTEMS: Circulatory System, Peripheral Blood, Hematopoiesis, Lymphoid System, Digestive Tract, Glands Associated with the Digestive Tract, Integrative Multiple-Choice Questions: Digestive System, Respiratory System, Skin, Urinary System, Pituitary & Hypothalamus, Adrenals, Islets of Langerhans, Thyroid, Parathyroids, & Pineal Body, Male Reproductive System, Female Reproductive System, Integrative Multiple-Choice Questions: Endocrine System, Sense Organs, Diagnostic Final Examination